Monday 8 March 2010

Thing 9: Social Bookmarking and Tagging - Delicious!

I've already got a Delicious account, but it's personal and I don't particularly want to share it with my work colleagues. I've created a new "work-friendly" account and added the requisite five sites and tagged them accordingly (including OX23). I hadn't installed the "bookmarklet" (good word!) during my first attempt at using Delicious, but I've done it now. Genius idea! I can now bookmark everything in sight!

I really enjoyed having a snout about on other people's bookmarks. I'm sorry for not remembering exactly who I tagged what off, but whoever introduced me to the wonders of
BookMooch deserves a medal. It's an online book exchange system - brilliant! I also tagged Bookhugger, an online literary magazine which I'd never heard of before, so I'm looking forward to exploring that. Finally, I couldn't resist adding PassiveAggressiveNotes.com, which I found highly amusing.

For me, shared online spaces are one of the joys of t'interweb. I love being able to gain a little insight (accurate or not!) into other people based on what they've chosen to bookmark. I'm also a huge fan of lists, so being able to see what other people think is worth checking out is interesting and inspiring. Like most people, I'm often moving around on different computers - partner's, friends, parents, work - so having a single place where I can check all my fave sites gets a big thumbs up from me.

I found the picture above (good, eh?) on Flickr, which was uploaded by Florry One. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment