Tuesday 6 April 2010

Thing 18: Wikipedia

Ah... the wonder of Wikipedia, eh? I love this site and use it regularly. I think I'm probably quite guilty of taking what I find as gospel, rather than approaching information with the suggested pinch of salt and scepticism, however, although I wouldn't necessarily rely on it for credible data or information.

So, I've just looked up Lars Von Trier's film 'The Idiots', as I saw it again last night for the first time in ages. I'm a big Lars Von Trier fan and absolutely loved this film. As a film fan more generally, I sometimes use Wikipedia over IMDB, for example, as a starting point for finding out more about films and often find it to be quite reliable. The references at the bottom are always good for finding out more and checking the reliability of different points, too.

The very existence of such a resource is another major coup for the WWW and its inhabitants. Yey for Wikipedia!

No comments:

Post a Comment