Monday 1 February 2010

Thing 4

"Register your 23 things blog and explore others".

Done! The issue of "exploring other blogs" is categorically not an issue for me, although it's turning into one. I've just counted 104 blogs in total for everyone doing the 23 things project!! Wow. There are only so many hours in the day, but it's really interesting reading other people's thoughts on the project (even more so when they're staff you either know or even just know by face/name...).

In other news, I changed the time on my blog to GMT. Not very exciting, but I'm genuinely pleased with myself for the progress! Only problem with this is that it keeps a record of when you post so there's no denying spending excessive amounts of time blogging to the boss! You could, of course, draft your post out of office hours and post during. That's the official line I'm sticking with, anyway! It is staff development, though, and fortunately my supervisors are both very supportive of me taking part in this, which is good news.

More general thoughts on blogs and blogging is that I love them! I think they're absolutely great and there are some amazing ones out there. I love that the web offers people the opportunity to 'self-publish' and think it's a great way for people to connect and share ideas, which can only be a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. I know a lot of people can be quite sniffy about them, but I can't see how residents of a free society can deny people a forum in which to express themselves. All good, I say!

1 comment: