Wednesday 3 February 2010

Place 4: Jordan

Did anyone notice the glossy supplement that fell out of the weekend papers on "Experiencing Jordan"? Prior to reading this, I probably wouldn't have been able to tell you very much about the place, but now I've been totally suckered by a bit of PR (and some incredible pics).

The natural evironment just looks remarkable and relatively untouched, which is pretty rare these days. The supplement gives the reader plenty of examples of fabulous things to do and see, many of which fall into the "outdoor activities" category. Walking the Malaqui Trail "amid dramatic canyons, waterfalls and rock pools" sounds incredible, as does the walk through the Wadi Rum desert. Wow!

The ancient city of Petra looks like nothing else I've seen, with its red rocks and ancient ruins, and some snorkelling in the Red Sea would be amazing. I don't think I could leave without making time for a float in the Dead Sea... brilliant. Round it all off with some delicous mezze and every one of my boxes is ticked for an all-round perfect trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment