Wednesday 27 January 2010

Jane: you are a star (and a speedy one, no less!)

Ta da! Many thanks to Jane for helping me fix this - much appreciated. I've never used the 'paint' option, so there's another skill I can add to my technical repertoire! From cruising other people's blogs (can't remember whose, unfortunately), I've also noted that blogger works better when accessed via Firefox. I wonder why? The good news is that a lot of the problems I was experiencing before have now been solved as a result of switching to Firefox. Hurray!

On another note, I was quite surprised to see the volume of 'exotic ladies' options in the iGoogle theme section. Somewhat sexist, non? Maybe they've done research that indicates that the majority of Google users are heterosexual men accessing 'exotic' websites... interesting!

4 comments:

  1. "I was quite surprised to see the volume of 'exotic ladies' options in the iGoogle theme section" - I agree, Jo. Thought I'd wandered into an issue of Nuts magazine ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! And you're very welcome!

    We're hoping that one of the real benefits of everyone blogging as they go along is that if one person gets stuck, someone else will be able to help them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, using advertising supported sites can make for some unexpected viewing - for this reason I tend to favor screenshots rather than live Web sessions when doing presentations these days... to avoid being surprised by questionable content! Has everyone had enough of the "1 Tips to a Flat Belly" yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A resounding YES to galoot! Thanks for commenting, people!

    ReplyDelete