Tuesday 26 January 2010

23 things, 23 places explained

Greetings fellow bloggers!

As a huge fan of blogs, I was very keen to sign-up for the '23 things' scheme run by the staff development team. Although I keep my own personal blog, I'm not as technologically proficient as I'd like to be, so I'm hoping to learn more and hone my existing Web 2.0 skills.

I wanted to create a blog that wasn't just a record of my progress with the '23 things' scheme, so decided (somewhat ambitiously, perhaps) that I would include somewhere around the world I would like to visit for each of the 23 weeks. Eek! As I'm not especially flush, this might not be the most sensible thing in the world, but my itchy feet were recently fuelled by watching a series of wonderful foreign films featuring sunshine and light and food and people and culture and all the other fabulous stuff that travelling can entail. I've done some travelling in the past, but there are just too many wonderful places to see and so little time (and cash). As well as far-flung and fabulously exotic destinations, I also hope to include a few places closer to home. As a native of the UK, it's quite embarrassing how little I've travelled around our small isle. To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I'm looking forward to seeing where you will go each week!
    In case you're interested, the 23 Things Team are: me, Penny Schenk, Jane Rawson, Emma Cragg & Angela Carritt.
    Good luck with the programme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really cool idea! If you're open to place suggestions, Avebury in Wiltshire is a great day out (weather permitting).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm categorically open to suggestions, Cecelia - thanks! I'll check it out...

    ReplyDelete